Find products best meets your needs. No more worries about the authenticity of suppliers.Find Suppliers
What is a Portable Metal Band Saw?
All Kinds of Deburring Unit for You
Here's What People Are Saying About Metal Cutting Band Saw
A Quick Guide to Steel Strip Slitting Line
Four Types of Grinding Machines and Their Uses
Posted on Apr 25, 2021
Semi-automatic welding is a form of manual welding that uses the related equipment that automatically controls one or multiple of the welding conditions. The operators of the semi-automatic welding machine manipulate the controls to initiate welding and oversee the process to ensure quality end result.
Fully automated or robotic welding is not necessarily ideal for every welding project, especially with the factors like an expected lifetime of the job, the cost of tooling and the flexibility required all taken into account. This is when a semi-automatic welding system is considered because it is able to double the output of a skilled manual welder while retaining a high level of control.
Semi-automatic welding is a form of manual welding that uses the related equipment that automatically controls one or multiple of the welding conditions. The operators of the semi-automatic welding machine manipulate the controls to initiate welding and oversee the process to ensure quality end result. This is helpful to workers as it’s much less physically demanding than manual welding.
Updating your current welding methods to a semi-automatic welding system can take your manufacturing process to the next level, optimizing the efficiency of your operation and consistently improving the end products, thereby enhancing your profit margin.
The main characteristics of a semi-automatic welding machine include:
1. As the name implies, semi-automatic welding machines are highly automated machines that can be divided into two parts: filter welding and filter paper cutting. Both processes are carried out simultaneously and fully automated by the machine, which has high accuracy, less loss of filter paper, and are cost-saving.
2. Compared with traditional vibration welding and heat melting welding, semi-automatic welding machines are fast, clean, and cost-saving. The welding process can normally be completed within one second; the risk of contamination is significantly reduced due to the flux-free nature, thereby improving the end product result; it also saves a lot of cost from using flux, low scrap rate, and repeatable processing. Semi-automatic welding machines are suitable for mass production and automated production environments.
3. The welding system, electrical configuration, and control parts of a semi-automatic welding machine adopt the originally imported accessories and are controlled by a servo motor to allow the machine to run accurately and steadily. Many models have employed high-end program control to allow simple and convenient operation while yielding maximum output.
A semi-automatic welding machine is essentially composed of three main components:
To accommodate the welding process, the welding tongs incorporate a rapid double-stroke pneumatic transmission mechanism. The welding tongs can be adjusted to smaller or larger openings to meet the welding requirements by switching the control handle. Generally speaking, the opening of welding tongs is set for short strokes by default. When the “power on” position is switched on, the tongs will clamp and pressurize as the switch is pressed. In the meantime, the current returns to the short stroke upon completing a welding cycle under the control system.
The main power circuit of a semi-automatic welding machine is composed of a resistance transformer, thyristor unit, main power switch, welding circuit, etc. The welding machine uses a single-phase AC with a power of 200kVA and a secondary voltage output of 20V. In a welding process, the welding tongs need to be capable of welding highly robust steel plates by generating mechanical force and current large enough to get the job done. Therefore, the strength, rigidity, and heat-generating capability of the welding tongs must meet certain requirements and standards. Also, they must have good electrical and thermal conductivity and should be able to cool in the water.
The control device mainly provides signals to manipulate the action of the semi-automatic welding machine and the current switch. It is also responsible for controlling the amount of welding current and monitoring the process for any potential flaws.
Semi-automatic welding machines are robust and can come standardized or customized. All of these semi-automatic welding machines are able to offer repeatability with only one touch of a button.
Below shows some of the common semi-automatic welding machines that you will most likely come across:
This type of semi-automatic welding machine is built for speed and quality output. It normally also has secondary operations built-in, such as milling, drilling, and cutting to further optimize your production line.
This type of semi-automatic welding machine is compact, robust, and economical. Rotary welding machines are a great choice for welding operations that entail a variety of parts and material types.
Seam welding machines are actually quite common across industries upon forming materials into cylinders or tubes. Semi-automated seam welders are able to yield even consistency across the entire length of the material.
Linear welding systems are meant to automate straight welding applications. These welding machines are commonly and specifically designed for both small and large-scale projects.
Semi-automatic welding machines are especially beneficial in the contexts where the quality or function of your weld is highly critical, repetitive welds must be made, or if the parts have already undergone added-value processes before the welding starts.
Semi-automatic welding machines provide a great many advantages for a variety of applications:
● Semi-automatic welding machines offer high-quality welding output, as well as integrity and repeatability.
● Semi-automatic welding machines utilize a superbly efficient system that is able to increase the overall product output.
● Semi-auto welding machines are able to decrease the scrap produced.
● Semi-automatic welding machines are typically less expensive than other welding methods, such as robotic welding.
● Semi-automatic welding systems can be utilized with a variety of techniques including TIG welding and MIG welding.
IMTS gathered worldwide Automatic Welding Machine manufacturers into this online platform. Browse and search for your next supplier with us.
Should you run into any difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact us.