Dust Deputy

What is a dust deputy?

A dust deputy can be regarded as a peripheral equipment of the vacuum cleaner, which is usually applied in a workshop or a factory where chips, dust, and debris are always seen during the processes of machining works.

The dust deputy is dedicated to clean the dust and debris that are made during works by separating over 99% of particles and leaving the last 1% to fall into the dust bag inside the vacuum cleaner, in order to make the cleaning works simply and convenient for the operators.

In the workshop or factory that is specialized in wood or metal products manufacturing, there must be dust and debris that are produced during the procedures. Since these raw materials have to be cut in order to separate a large piece into smaller ones, or make the geometries of products depending on the requirements of the customers, the dust and debris are made once the cutting tools and the workpieces come in contact, and parts of the materials are removed from the workpieces.

For the purpose of pursuing the optimal efficiency and effectiveness of work, the operators don’t want to spend a lot of time on cleaning the removed materials and the dust and debris that is produced followed by. Therefore, almost every workshop would adopt the vacuum cleaners that are attached right to the working sites, which help collect these annoying particles directly after they are produced.

A vacuum cleaner that is used in the workshop works when the chips are sucked in, the filters blocks and collects the larger particles, the particles are accumulated into the dust bag and the clean air is delivered back to the atmosphere. We can know from here that the filters and the dust bag not only play vital roles during the processes, but they are the troublesome things indeed when it is necessary to clean or replace them after use.

In other cases, when the filters are not properly cleaned or replaced at a regular basis, they would start to malfunction, and thus minimize the lifespan of the vacuum cleaner, which increases the costs that the manufacturers have to spend on repairing or buying a new vacuum cleaner. Hence, the reason why the dust deputies are widely applied is that they can perfectly deal with the above problems, reduce the costs that are possibly to be spent, and thus maximize the use of the vacuum cleaner.


How does a dust deputy form?

A dust deputy, also known as the cyclone separator, is comprised of a conical cyclone with one inlet and one outlet on two sides respectively, and a drum or container at the bottom.

● Conical cyclone
The conical cyclone is where the dust deputy mainly works at, which is, as the name implies, designed as a conical shape. There is one inlet on the one side, which is used to suck the dust and debris into this device, and one outlet on the top side, which would be connected to the vacuum cleaner with a hose and is used to deliver particles that are too small to fall into the drum or the container.

● Drum/ container
The drum, also called the container, is set at the bottom of the dust deputy. It is used to accumulate as large amount of dust and debris as the cyclone can separate from the working sites, which helps collect most particles before they are going to be filtered by the vacuum cleaner.


How does a dust deputy work?

The principle of the operation of the dust deputy is to separate most of the dust and debris from the air before it is delivered to the atmosphere of the working environments. This is achieved after the three steps, including the removed chips in, dust and debris separation, and clean air out.

● Removed chips in
The dust deputy is capable of covering a wide range of materials include metal shavings, sawdust, concrete dust, drywall dust, etc. The first step is to suck these particles into the channel of the conical cyclone.

● Dust and debris separation
Once the particles are sucked in, the conical design of the cyclone would facilitate the movement of the particles and form a vortex. During this process, the larger dust and debris, which account for over 99% of them, would fall into the drum or the container, and the smaller ones, which are less than 1% of the amount, would be delivered to the vacuum cleaner afterwards.

● Clean air out
The clean air here refers to the air that still contains less than 1% of dust and debris, which are almost invisible. After the larger pieces are accumulated into the drum or container, the “clean air” would be distributed out from the outlet on the top to the vacuum cleaner through the connecting hose.

Need help searching for your next Dust Deputy ?

IMTS Exhibition includes manufacturers from around the world. Send us a message with your requirements and our IMTS Experts will happily help you with your questions.

0Inquiry Item Contact IMTS