A leveler feeder, also known as the leveling feeder, is to level the material for convenient stamping, which is also widely used for stamping and forming of products. A thickness of strip or plate can be leveled by the upper and lower rollers of a leveling equipment to carry out the leveling process, which is why it is also referred to as the leveling machine.
In recent times, leveler feeders are widely used alongside the shearing machine on the market and here is why. Typically, materials are fed into a shearing machine manually by employees, which not only causes low production rate, but also poor safety because workers have to reply on foot switches to control the shearing material.
Furthermore, manual feeding tends to cause a lot of material wastage because only the rectangular sheet can be cut. This in turn increases the manufacturing cost of sheared products. This is where a leveler feeder comes in which basically solves the problems illustrated above. A leveler feeder is often coupled with a shearing machine and a heavy duty decoiler for placing the coils to form an automated and safe shearing line.
Following the above, we’d like to talk to you further about how leveler feeders can benefit a production, again using shearing machines as an example. We’ve outlined six advantages of adopting leveler feeder as opposed to the conventional manual feeding of material:
1. Leveler feeders are compact and only occupy little space. This can save space during production and processing as well as for the original sheet material stacking.
2. It helps save labor force and overhead costs thanks to the high degree of automation and low labor intervention.
3. Leveler feeders include various feeding methods which can optimize the utilization of residual material at the edge of the coil. This greatly improves the overall utilization rate of materials, thereby reducing the cost of production material.
4. Leveler feeders have independent adjustment handles. This ensures both the efficiency of production as well as the safety of the operators.
5. Leveler feeders ensure optimal feeding precision and high quality finished products thanks to their advanced electronic control system, including touch screen, PLC, servo motor, driver, etc. The feeding action is driven and automated by the servo motor, with a precision up to approximately 0.05 millimeters. The automatic error correction function also ensures the accuracy of feeding.
6. Leveler feeders are typically easy to operate and troubleshoot, making them the idea options for an assortment of processes. Only simple setting with the touch screen is needed to initiate the automatic feeding for the production line. It is quick and convenient, and you can even program multi-stage feeding based on the requirements for efficient production.
Leveler feeders or any kind of leveling machines typically require frequent maintenance. Proper maintenance can prolong the service life of the equipment and produce better quality products. Maintenance for leveler feeders are often neglected which results in the malfunction of the equipment. Therefore, we’ll address some of the maintenance tips in this section.
First and foremost, level feeders are the type of equipment that tend to underperform if the parts become rusty. Therefore, you need to make sure that rust-proof oil is always applied to the parts that are prone to rust, such as the transmission, mechanical and the exposed parts. The lubricating oil should be applied every 15 days.
Next, make sure that the leveling rollers are maintained properly and periodically as well. This is especially important if your factory tends to create large dusts or unclean particulates, which may lead to equipment contamination as an excessive amount of particulates get into the leveling rollers of the leveler feeder equipment. And this can in turn affect the quality of the finished products. Therefore, you should give the leveling rollers just as much as attention, as should the rust problems.
Furthermore, you will need to prepare long cloth and rust-proof oil in order to clean the rollers properly. To start, spray the leveler rollers with rust-proof cleaning oil first, then the cloth with rust-proof cleaning oil and start cleaning the metal material while switching the feeder to manual. After the cloth is discharged from the outlet, leave the cloth inside the leveler roll while removing the metal material from inside the tube.
Lastly, switch the leveler back to automatic, and make sure that the dirt in the rollers is cleaned by the friction of rollers so that they can be leveled and cleaned. The cleaning process poses certain risks, so always stay vigilant as you are cleaning a leveling machine.
MTS Exhibition includes manufacturers from around the world. Send us a message with your requirements and our MTS Experts will happily help you with your questions.