The universal welder enables users to automatically finish repetitive welding tasks. A collaborative robot platform is used to teach the welding routine to the robot. By doing so, the repetitive and time-consuming welding process can be done by the robot. The programming process is easy to manipulate that even users with no experience can finish by following the guidance. The setting is no different when it comes to pipe welding or arc welding.
The basic idea behind the teaching process is a hands-on interactive program, which is also known as the lead through the method. The program can be customized by the touchscreen tablet that comes along with the whole system. The tablet work as an interactive mean for users to send requests to the robot. The working speed and deployment of the machine can all be adjusted.
Accuracy, versatility, and effectiveness are what the universal welder aims to achieve. Therefore, universal welder has become one of the leading manufacturing tools on the market. There are not many competitors that can keep up with it. If you want to know more about universal welder, make sure you read the following content and see if it fits your requirements.
It is never a hard thing to use a universal welder. For inexperienced operators, you can successfully get everything done simply by following the steps listed below.
1. Turn the power switch, welding unit, plasma unit, and shielding gas. The touchscreen will be on and guide you for the next step.
2. Press start and reset the control panel. (The instruction can be seen on the screen) Hold the red light until the light turns off.
3. Remove any pipe before the setting mode. This is for safety concerns.
4. Press “setting” on the screen. The chuck will move to the targeted section. Later, the setup screen appears. And you’re good to move to the next step.
5. The green-lighted buttons are the default. If you need a customized setting, there is a red button for you to press.
6. When the data entry screen appears, scan the bar code on the pipe and send the bar code to the system. If there is no bar code, just enter the information manually.
7. Then, you should press the “move” button and start the cycle to lower the head.
8. Press “start” to start the plasma cutting process. During the process, it is recommended to wear protection glasses as a protective measure for your eyes.
9. Remove unnecessary parts and install the outlet.
10. Press “start” again to start the welding process.
11. Once the welding process is done, remember to turn off the power switch, welding unit, plasma unit, and shielding gas.
Compared to other types of a welder, here are some features that you have to know before making your decisions.
The so-called lead-through method is the biggest feature of universal welder. With an easy-to-handle program, users with all capacity can modify and adjust the working speed and other variations within a short time. The preciseness is secured since all alternations are being calculated by the system. Users don’t have to worry if it goes wrong.
Also, the system itself has the maximum capacity of saving up to 4 settings. It is particularly great for companies that need to conduct different welding work. With a digital interface on the touchscreen tablet, users can adjust all variations with a few touches. Some parameters that can be selected include welding power, speed, amount of time, etc.
When you upload your production equipment, the settings on universal welder can suit the new working environment in a short time. They are highly adaptive and easy to deploy. Installation of the system can be done within a few minutes. This is because the robot platform can adjust everything for you. The feature saves your precious time and money.
According to statistics, the setup time that a traditional welding system takes is about 6-8 hours, which depends on which welding method you’re seeking. For pipe welding, it takes around 6 hours; for plasma cutting, the time can be much longer.
With a universal welder, you can handle all these types of welding conditions. And the setup time only takes you around an hour. The program will finish everything for you once the setting, variations, and parameters are done by you. The untrained robot can be put into real production in a short time.
The deployment of the setup is flexible. The best part of having collaborative robots is that they are lightweight and space-saving. The whole system can be constructed in any place you want in your factory. You don’t even have to change any production layout during the installation.
The storage capacity enables users to save up to 4 settings at the same time. Therefore, users don’t have to change their production layout. It gives you more convenience and saves more time than you think. Don’t be limited by dedicated robotics. Collaborative robots are lightweight, space-saving, and easy to re-deploy to multiple applications without changing your production layout. This feature gives user agility and flexibility in changing welding settings and physical space usage.
IMTS Exhibition includes manufacturers from around the world. Send us a message with your requirements and our IMTS Experts will happily help you with your questions.